Accurate Data are Important
The NCQA eCQM Certification program evaluates how well electronic systems calculate electronic clinical quality measures (eCQM) using electronic clinical data.
Health plans, provider organizations and others rely on accurate data to make decisions about value-based contracting. By earning eCQM Certification from NCQA, organizations can say their system has undergone the industry’s most rigorous assessment. Reporting is more accurate for these systems than systems not certified by NCQA.
- The Premier Healthcare Alliance has endorsed NCQA’s testing methodology.
- Oklahoma’s MyHealth Access Network has also endorsed NCQA’s testing methodology.
- Diameter Health said NCQA is more robust and comprehensive, delivers substantial value and is “more aligned” with real world.
Who Is Eligible?
Most systems that collect eCQMs or aggregate health data at any level are eligible, including, but not limited to:
- Data intermediaries.
- Electronic health records (EHR).
- Health information exchanges (HIE).
- All-payer claims databases (APCD).
- Qualified clinical data registries (QCDR).
- Demonstrate accuracy to your customers. NCQA eCQM Certification helps ensure data integrity—vital in value-based contract arrangements.
- Help your customers become more efficient. Reduces the burden on health plans while improving data.
- Supports the use of eCQMs.
How It Works
- NCQA creates unique sets of sample data, or “test decks,” for each eCQM, developed from randomly generated synthetic patient-level test data.
- You process a test deck using your measure code. NCQA compares measure results to expected results, to determine if your software’s code computes the measure correctly. Multiple test decks are available for each measure, so you can correct errors.
- A measure is NCQA-Certified when it passes certification. You receive a final certification report and seal to distribute to health plans, potential clients and Certified Auditors to demonstrate your achievement.
Interested in becoming an NCQA-Certified vendor? The first step is completing an application and signing a one-year certification agreement. Request an application through My NCQA. Select “eCQM Certification” as the product/program type.
Find a Certified Vendor
NCQA maintains a directory of vendors that have earned eCQM Certification. Find a vendor to work with today.