NCQA PCMH Content Expert Certification
The NCQA PCMH Content Expert Certification program certifies individuals who demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the patient-centered medical home model of care and the NCQA PCMH Recognition Program, including a mastery of the NCQA concepts, criteria and the PCMH Recognition process.
Why PCMH Content Expert Certification?
NCQA PCMH Content Expert CertificationTM distinguishes you in the crowded field of medical home coaches and facilitators. By becoming certified, you will:
- Demonstrate expertise in navigating the NCQA PCMH Recognition process.
- Be an established expert on PCMH concepts.
- Strengthen your résumé and credibility.
Who Should Consider Content Expert Certification?
- Quality managers.
- Practice staff.
- Anyone who manages the NCQA PCMH Recognition process.
Candidates must complete two NCQA education seminars before applying for PCMH CEC:
- Introduction to PCMH 2017: Foundational Concepts of the Medical Home
- Advanced PCMH 2017: Mastering the Medical Home Transformation
After completion both seminars, candidates are eligible for certification by passing an exam. Certification lasts two years. During that two-year period, CCEs must earn a total of 30 Continuing Education Unit (CEU) points.
Learn more about the process of earning NCQA PCMH CCE.
Taking Your Exam
Learn more about how to register for the NCQA PCMH CCE exam as well as available exam dates.
Maintaining Your Certification
Certification lasts for two years before it is renewed. See how you can maintain your certification as an NCQA PCMH CCE.
Promoting Your CCE Status
Once you earn your NCQA PCMH CEC, you will be listed on NCQA’s website throughout your active certification period.