Health Information Product Certification
NCQA Health Information Product Certification program highlights organizations that provide pharmacy benefit information, health information lines, support for healthy living or physician and hospital directories services to health plans and MBHOs.
HOW DOES MY ORGANIZATION BENEFIT?
Organizations awarded the NCQA Health Information Product Certification:
- Distinguish their organization’s service. Standards align operations with potential client quality requirements.
- Improve contract opportunities. NCQA-Accredited health plans receive automatic credit (i.e., 100% compliance) toward their own Accreditation Survey when they work with Certified HIP vendors. This results in less administrative responsibilities.
A VARIETY OF PROGRAM OPTIONS
NCQA’s Health Information Product Certification program evaluates specific functions based on the health information product provided. Organizations may choose to be evaluated in one or more “Certification Options.”
An organization may seek Certification in any or all the following evaluation options:
- Pharmacy Benefit Information. Provides eligible individuals with the information they need to understand and use their pharmacy benefits.
- Health Information Line. Operates a health information line to assist eligible individuals with wellness and prevention.
- Support for Healthy Living. Provides access to wellness and prevention services.
- Physician and Hospital Directories. Provides information to help eligible individuals choose physicians and hospitals.
IS MY ORGANIZATION ELIGIBLE?
An organization that develops and provides content, tools and services addressed in one or more of the Health Information Product Certification options may apply for a Survey. To be eligible, the organization must:
- Perform functions addressed in the Standards and Guidelines for Health Information Product Certification, and
- Maintain the necessary systems, documentation, policies and procedures required by NCQA to conduct the survey, and
- Release to NCQA all information required for NCQA Certification, and
- Not be eligible for HP accreditation.
WHERE CAN I FIND RESOURCES?
You can find more information about the Health Information Product Certification in the following:
- Standards and Guidelines: Provides the complete descriptions of the standards, including the intent and scope of the review.
- Interactive Survey Tool: includes the complete standards and guidelines and allows your organization to determine its readiness for a survey.
- The Policy Clarification Support (PCS) system, My NCQA, and FAQs can help you interpret NCQA standards.
- Education and Training: NCQA offers a variety of training options, from on-demand web-based programs to live in-person seminars.
- Advertising Guidelines: Designed to help customers create clear, factual and accurate advertising and marketing materials.
- Seals: Created to provide print-friendly graphics for use in promoting the NCQA status.
What organizations have earned Health Information Product Certification?
More than 20 organizations have earned NCQA Health Information Product Certification. See the NCQA Report Card for a directory of certified organizations.