About measure certification
The National Committee for Quality Assurance’s (NCQA) Measure Certification program validates organizations that develop, license and sell HEDIS®, AMP and other quality-measure reporting software that calculates measures using administrative data sources.
Organizations that earn certification demonstrate to partners and customers that coded measures meet current NCQA standards, improve the accuracy of reporting measures and produce reliable, comparable results.
Accuracy is critical for health plans, provider organizations and others that rely on data to make decisions for quality reporting and value-based contracting. By earning NCQA Measure Certification, organizations know their measure logic has gone through the industry’s most rigorous assessment.
Who is eligible?
Organizations that develop, license and sell HEDIS, AMP and other quality-measure reporting software using administrative data sources.
- Save time.
- Certified measures are exempt from manual source code review during the HEDIS Compliance Audit® and the AMP Audit Compliance Review. Learn more about this benefit.
- Certification incorporates new HEDIS measures into the testing process, reducing time and resource use.
- Demonstrate accuracy to your customers. Measure certification helps ensure data integrity—vital to contract arrangements.
- Help customers become more efficient. Reduces the burden on health plans and other reporting organizations.
- Become a more attractive partner. Display the NCQA seal to show customers that you are a trusted partner. Certified vendors are also listed on the NCQA website.
Find Certified Vendors
If you are a health plan, learn more about how to choose a vendor for HEDIS or AMP reporting or see a list of organizations that have earned measure certification from NCQA.
Interested in becoming an NCQA-Certified vendor? Learn more about the process. The first step is completing an application and signing a 1-year certification agreement. Request an application through My NCQA. Select “Measure Certification” as the product/program type.