Population Health Program Accreditation Benefits & Support
NCQA Population Health Program Accreditation improves efficiency and aligns operations with population health management best practices. Organizations seeking Accreditation receive resources and support to help them during and after the evaluation process.
HOW DOES MY ORGANIZATION BENEFIT?
Use the NCQA Population Health Program Accreditation standards to perform a gap analysis and determine improvement areas. They provide a framework for implementing best practices to standardize care and:
- Increase efficiency and the ability to manage complex individuals better.
- Systematically collect, integrate and assess data to inform, measure and operate your population health management program.
- Assess your population’s needs; update activities and resources using results.
- Segment populations for targeted interventions.
- Provide targeted interventions based on level of need.
- Provide support to practitioners.
- Measure individual experience, program effectiveness, cost and participation rates.
- Implement effective, targeted population health management programs to meet contracting arrangements.
- Reduce the administrative effort of plans seeking Accreditation by offering automatic credit for eligible population health management requirements.
WHERE CAN I FIND RESOURCES?
You can find more information about the Population Health Program Accreditation in the following:
Standards and Guidelines: Provides the complete descriptions of the standards, including the intent and scope of the review.
Interactive Survey Tool: Includes the complete standards and guidelines and allows your organization to determine its readiness for a survey.
- The Policy Clarification Support, My NCQA, and FAQs can help you interpret NCQA standards.
- Policy Updates: Clarifications and updates to NCQA program standards and guidelines.
- Education and Training: NCQA offers a variety of training options, from on-demand, web-based programs to live, in-person seminars.
- Population Health Management Resource Guide: A practical guide for health plans seeking to incorporate population health management principles into their organization.
- Population Health Management Roadmap for IDNs: A practical guide for helping integrated delivery networks (IDNs) and other provider organizations understand population health management in achieving value-based care.
- Advertising Guidelines: Designed to help customers create clear, factual and accurate advertising and marketing materials.
- Seals: Print-friendly graphics for use in promoting NCQA status.