- Changes to NCQA Accreditation and Certification Standards for 2018 and 2019 (June 26, 2018)
- Modifying NCQA Requirements in Response to Hurricanes and other Natural Disasters (September 7, 2017)
- Utilization Management: Changes to UM 4, Appropriate Classification of Denials; the Future of Utilization Management (July 31, 2017)
- Changes to NCQA Accreditation and Certification Standards for 2016 and 2017 (March 27, 2017)
Corrections, Clarifications and Policy Changes
NCQA makes updates or clarifications to Standards & Guidelines several times per year, as needed. Review the corrections, clarifications and policy changes to the most recent Standards and Guidelines for NCQA programs and incorporate them into your implementation processes.
Resources and Supplemental Documents
- Benchmarks and Thresholds: National benchmarks and national and regional thresholds for HEDIS® measures and HEDIS/CAHPS® 5.0H survey results.
- HEDIS Measures for Accreditation: HEDIS Measures for Accreditation 2019 scoring
- 8/30 File Review Methodology: An explanation of the “8 and 30” file sampling procedure used by NCQA during accreditation survey visits.
- Guidelines for Medical Record Documentation: A review of the commonly accepted standards for medical record documentation.
Frequently Asked Questions
NCQA maintains a database of frequently asked questions about NCQA standards and interpretation of requirements. New FAQs are posted on the 15 of every month (unless the 15 falls on a weekend).
Have A Question?
Can’t find the answer to your question in the FAQs? Submit a question to NCQA’s policy team through My NCQA.