NCQA typically releases the survey tool at the same time it releases the standards. However, the 2020 Health Plan Survey Tool will be released in March 2020. This later release date is because we are enhancing the survey tool for Health Plan Accreditation to help improve the customer experience (learn more about updates here).
The 2020 Health Plan Accreditation Standards and Guidelines will be released on July 29, 2019. At this time, you can order:
- ePub: A downloadable PDF version of the standards
- Web-based: A license to access a web-based version of the standards through IRT
- Either of the above methods will give you immediate access to the standards.
- You can also pre-purchase the survey tool, which will be released in March 2020. This purchase will not include standards access as part of the tool until March 2020, but you will receive a license to access the web-based standards through IRT.
- The hard copy of the 2020 HP Standards and Guidelines will be available August 15, 2019.
Timeline of Standards Releases
|Date||What is being released?|
|July 29, 2019||ePub and web-based licenses for 2020 Health Plan Accreditation Standards and Guidelines available for purchase.|
|August 15, 2019||Hard copies of 2020 Health Plan Accreditation Standards and Guidelines available for purchase.|
|March 2020||2020 Health Plan Survey Tool released (with standards included).|