Focus Areas to ensure high quality
NCQA’s standards provide a framework for organizations to deliver efficient, effective person-centered care that meets people’s needs, helps keep people in their preferred setting and aligns with state requirements.
- The program evaluates organizations in areas such as:
- Conducting comprehensive assessments.
- Managing care transitions.
- Performing person-centered assessments.
- Planning and managing critical incidents.
- Measurement and quality improvement.
To see all program requirements, get the Standards & Guidelines document.
Is my organization eligible?
Health plans that coordinate LTSS and do not provide medical/behavioral health are eligible for this accreditation.
NCQA-Accredited MBHOs or health plans that offer comprehensive medical benefits and manage LTSS are not eligible for this accreditation but can earn LTSS Distinction
Accreditation of Case Management for LtSS RESOURCES
Find information about NCQA Accreditation of Case Management for LTSS here:
- Standards and Guidelines: The complete standards and guidelines, including the intent and scope of review.
- Interactive Survey Tool: Contains the complete standards and guidelines; you can also determine your organization’s survey readiness—the tool calculates your potential survey score.