PCMH 2017 Content Expert Certification Program: Sample Exam Items
Prepare for your PCMH Content Expert Certification exam by reviewing these sample exam items.
1. Which is the best source to order the PCMH Standards and Guidelines?
B. The practice site’s NCQA Representative.
C. Contact customer support at NCQA.
2. The PCMH program requires that to use multi-site pricing a group must meet which of the following requirements?
A. Clinicians must be medical doctors.
B. All practice sites have the same Electronic Health Record (EHR) system.
C. Each site must offer after-hours access to its patient population.
3. A practice with multiple primary care clinicians wants to become an NCQA Recognized PCMH. The requirement for a clinician to be listed with the practice's recognition is that they:
A. Need to be Board Certified.
B. Have a panel of patients.
C. Work in the practice full-time.
4. What percent of the Core Criteria should be met to achieve recognition?
5. Practices that intend to achieve Distinction in Patient Experience Reporting must:
A. Use the standardized CAHPS-PCMH survey.
B. Use an NCQA-certified vendor to administer the survey.
C. Achieve recognition prior to earning Distinction.
6. Practices in the Succeed part of recognition are required to follow the policies and procedures as:
A. Written at the time of their initial recognition.
B. Outlined in the current Standards and Guidelines.
C. Detailed in the annual Program Agreement.
7. A practice has generated the required lists or reports of patients for KM 12. Which of the following groups of evidence would meet the criterion?
A. Call scripts for well-woman care, colorectal cancer screening reminders, and sample letters to parents whose children’s MMR immunizations are incomplete.
B. Telephone scripts of calls to patients needing mammograms, cervical cancer screening, follow up visits and asthma medication checks.
C. Postcard reminders for missed appointments, alerts to patients on a recalled medication, and telephone scripts of calls to women needing cancer screenings.
8. Which of the following is required as documentation in order to acquaint the patient with the practice?
A. A monthly report of how many new patients were provided materials.
B. A documented process on how the practice provides this information to patients.
C. An agreement the patient signs to be a part of the medical home.
9. The purpose of assessing appointment availability is to:
A. Provide for consistent patient-centered access.
B. Allow patients to be seen by a member of the care team.
C. Ensure the care team has flexibility to triage patients.
10. A practice that provides a targeted list of community resources should specifically focus on:
A. Patients categorized as vulnerable.
B. Helping patients avoid emergency department visits.
C. Identified needs of the patient population.
1. A – RECALL
2. B – RECALL
3. B – RECALL
4. C – RECALL
5. B – APPLICATION
6. B – RECALL
7. B – ANALYSIS
8. B – APPLICATION
9. A – RECALL
10. C – APPLICATION