NCQA is releasing for public comment proposed measures for retirement, new measures, revisions to existing measures and changes that apply across various measures for HEDIS®1 2020.
Proposed Measures for Retirement
- Ambulatory Care and Inpatient Utilization—General Hospital/Acute Care
- Disease-Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drug Therapy for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoporosis Testing in Older Women
- Use of Multiple Concurrent Antipsychotics in Children and Adolescents
- Removal of four measures from the CAHPS®2 5.0H Survey
Proposed New Measures
- Follow-Up After High Intensity Care for Substance Use Disorder
- Pharmacotherapy for Opioid Use Disorder
- Prenatal Depression Screening and Follow-Up and Postpartum Depression Screening and Follow-Up
Proposed Changes to Existing Measures
- Adherence to Antipsychotic Medications for Individuals With Schizophrenia
- Antibiotic Measures
- Care for Older Adults
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Safe and Judicious Use of Antipsychotics in Children and Adolescents
- Osteoporosis Management in Women Who Had a Fracture
- Prenatal and Postpartum Care
- Potentially Harmful Drug-Disease Interactions in the Elderly and Use of High-Risk Medications in the Elderly
- Use of Opioids at High Dosage
NCQA announces the following changes for HEDIS 2020.
About Public Comment
The public comment system is integrated with NCQA’s single-sign on platform. If you have access to any of the systems listed below, you can use the same credentials to log in and submit comments:
- Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS).
- Health Organization Questionnaire (HOQ).
- Download Center.
- Recognition Program Online Application.
- Quality Compass (QC).
Note: If you use the Forgot Password feature, you will change your password for all NCQA systems to which you have access.
If you don’t have access to any system listed, click Create One Now and complete the entire form. Retain the password for your records.
How to Comment
Submit all comments through NCQA’s Public Comment website my.ncqa.org. NCQA does not accept comments via mail, email or fax.
- Go to my.ncqa.org.
- Under My Services, click to select Public Comment.
- Click Add Comment.
- Click to select HEDIS 2020 Public Comment from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Instructions to view public comment materials, including instructions, proposed specifications and measures.
- Click to select the Topic and Element (measure) on which you want to comment.
- Click to select your support option (e.g., Support, Do not support, Support with modifications).
Note: If you chose Do not support, include the reason in the text box. If you chose Support with modifications, enter the suggested modifications in the text box.
- Enter your comments in the Comments box.
Note: Comments may not be more than 2,500 characters. Feedback should be brief and to the point. We suggest you develop comments in Word to check your character limit and save a copy for reference. Use the “cut and paste” function to copy your comment into the Comments box.
- Click Submit after each comment. After you have submitted all comments, click Close. You will be able to view and download all submitted comments.
All comments are due Monday, March 11, by 11:59 PM ET.
1 HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
2 CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).