Lessons From the First Accredited ACOs
Listen to the February 13 Webinar Discussion
WHO: Executives of the first organizations to earn accreditation as Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) will discuss their ACO’s development and accreditation experiences at a Webinar, Lessons from the First Accredited ACOs, on Wednesday, February 13, 9:30–10:30 a.m. EST.
WHAT: Discussion topics include:
- Lessons and challenges aligning internal processes to improve an ACO’s ability to reduce cost, improve quality and enhance the patient experience.
- How accreditation relates to organizations’ previous and future ACO activities.
- Advice for other aspiring ACOs.
NCQA President Margaret E. O’Kane will open the Webinar and NCQA Vice President Patricia Barrett will moderate a discussion featuring six ACO leaders:
Spencer R. Berthelsen, MD, Chairman and Managing Director,
Douglas Carr, MD, Medical Director of Education and System Initiatives, Billings Clinic
Jonathan Crossette, Operations Consultant, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Care Network
Trude Haecker, MD, Medical Director, Quality Improvement Departmental Patient Safety Officer, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Care Network
John Smylie, Chief Operating Officer, Essentia Health
Hal Teitelbaum, MD, JD, Managing Partner and CEO, Crystal Run Healthcare
Beth Waterman, Chief Improvement Officer, HealthPartners
As early adopters of NCQA Accreditation, the featured ACOs are delivery system innovators. NCQA Accreditation is the nation’s only private evaluation program that:
- Defines what a high-quality ACO is—for public and private ACO initiatives alike.
- Identifies ACOs that are ready to coordinate and be held accountable for efficient, patient-centered care.
- Gives provider-led organizations a roadmap to demonstrate their ability to reach the triple aim: reduce cost, improve quality and enhance the patient experience.
WHEN: Wednesday, February 13
9:30–10:30 a.m. EST
WHERE: WebEx virtual meeting
1. Connect to https://ncqaevents.webex.com/ncqaevents/onstage/g.php?d=666898329&t=a
2. Locate the event: Lessons from the First Accredited ACOs.
3. Enter your information and click JOIN.
4. Enter the password: Lessons 101.
5. Establish your phone connection by calling 866-469-3239.
6. Enter the conference code: 666 898 329.
7. If you have trouble connecting, call 866-229-3239, Option 1.
To RSVP for the event, please contact Apoorva Stull at email@example.com or 202-955-3567.
NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations and recognizes physicians in key clinical areas. NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in health care. NCQA is committed to providing health care quality information through the Web, media and data licensing agreements to help consumers, employers and others make more informed health care choices.