SUPPORTING STATE QUALITY PRIORITIES
NCQA works with states to enhance their health care quality initiatives, strategies and oversight.
NCQA understands that each state has specific goals and concerns, and works closely with all stakeholders to find the right approach to achieving high-quality health care.
Solutions vary by state, from the requirement that Medicaid managed care plans earn NCQA Health Plan Accreditation, to incentives for primary care practices to become recognized as NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Homes.
Our HEDIS® quality measures are the foundation of many state-operated quality reporting and value-based payment programs.
Our measure-development experts are available to provide technical assistance to states seeking a deeper analysis of provided care.
Explore our state landscape map for details on programs that each state requires and/or uses.
Read more about how we help states maximize the value of accreditation.
RESOURCES FOR STATE GOVERNMENTS
NCQA compiles various resources to help states and regulators as implement health care quality strategies and delivery system reforms:
- Medicaid Managed Care Toolkit. The 2016 Medicaid Managed Care Final Rule reinforced the value of the “non-duplication” provision that allows states to accept accreditation standards as meeting certain state and federal Medicaid requirements. Our toolkit matches federal requirements in the Rule with the standards in NCQA’s Health Plan Accreditation, Medicaid Module and LTSS Distinction program. More than 75% of the standards align. If you have questions about the non-duplication provision, contact us at email@example.com.
- Directory of Incentives for NCQA Recognition. Many states use NCQA Recognition programs in their quality initiatives. Our directory lists public, private and multi-payer initiatives by state that provide incentives for practices interested in earning NCQA Recognition.
- Public Policy Notes. Our quarterly newsletter updates state contacts on what’s new at NCQA and highlights key initiatives in state quality improvement. To subscribe, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- State & Federal Topics on the NCQA Blog. For public policy issues of relevance to you, check out the Public Policy Blog. Email email@example.com and tell us what topics you’re interested in.
- White Paper: Medicaid Quality Rating System Methodology Considerations. If you’re interested in learning more on our contract work with QRS’, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- White Paper: Electronic Quality Reporting for States. Based on the discussion at NCQA and HL7’s 3rd annual Digital Quality Summit, we developed a roadmap for moving forward—-a white paper that summarizes the discussion and lays out what participants agreed are seven key take-aways for advancing state digital reporting efforts.
STATE BRIEFING SERIES
Our State Affairs team produces a regular series of webinars that gives an overview of NCQA programs, answers audience questions and provides state examples. Check out our most recent briefings:
- The Value of Accreditation Review.
- Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Programs and Measurement.
- Centralized Credentialing.
- How to Access and Make the Most of Your Accreditation Report.
- NCQA Public Sector Briefing: HEDIS 2020 Proposed Changes.
- State Briefing: HPA 2020 and HEDIS Changes.
Contact email@example.com if you would like us to cover a specific topic in our State Briefing series.
CUSTOMIZED STATE SOLUTIONS
Our Center for State Quality Solutions works with state governments and other entities to offer specialized services.
From PCMH program development to performance measures, we collaborate with states to craft an individualized approach to health care quality priorities.
Learn more about our work.
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).