Partners in Quality
Because NCQA PCMH Recognition is associated with lower costs and better quality, many payers offer financial support, coaching and technical assistance or physician tiering for practices that earn NCQA PCMH Recognition. Many payers’ value-based contracts also incorporate NCQA PCMH Recognition as part of their incentive program.
The NCQA Partners in Quality (PIQ) program recognizes organizations that provide financial incentives or support services to practices seeking recognition through one or more of these NCQA programs:
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition.
- Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition.
- Patient-Centered Connected Care Recognition.
- Heart and Stroke Recognition Program.
- Diabetes Recognition Program.
BUSINESS CONSIDERATIONS FOR PCMH
NCQA PCMH Recognition has been shown to improve quality and reduce health care costs. Practices that implement the PCMH model also need to effectively plan for how the implementation impacts them financially. NCQA engaged Milliman, the world’s largest providers of actuarial services to develop a white paper that addresses the question: What are the operational and financial considerations for becoming a PCMH-Recognized entity from the perspective of a primary care practice? Get the White Paper.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A PARTNER IN QUALITY
- Demonstrate your commitment to quality improvement and the patient-centered model of care.
- Receive a discount code for NCQA Recognition for practices with which you work.
- Provide support for practices to be successful in value-based contracts.
- Advertise your Partner in Quality status with a stamp to promote the program on your organization’s website or in communication materials.
Add your organization to our Resource Directory of Incentives for NCQA Recognition.
How to Apply for Partner in Quality Program
To earn NCQA Partner in Quality status, an organization must demonstrate that it provides qualifying financial incentives or support services, at no cost to the practice, to practices seeking NCQA recognition. Qualifying support services are detailed below and should be substantive enough to lead practices to apply for NCQA Recognition within a reasonable period.
|Column 1||Column 2|
|Financial Support Examples||In-Kind Assistance Examples|