NCQA Population Health Management Prevalidation supports four NCQA Accreditation programs: Health Plan, Managed Behavioral Healthcare Organization, Case Management and Population Health.
More than 173 million people are enrolled in an NCQA-Accredited health plan. Those plans, and organizations supporting health plans and managing populations at all risk levels, are looking for health information technology (health IT) vendors that align with the Population Health Management model.
Health IT systems that earn NCQA Population Health Management Prevalidation demonstrate product functionality that supports or meets NCQA population health management related standards. Prevalidation attracts accredited organizations and assures current/potential customers that health IT solutions support their goals.
GAIN A COMPETITIVE EDGE
- Provide value-added client benefits. Organizations using health IT solutions that meet NCQA requirements can earn automatic credit toward their NCQA surveys, easing administrative burden for providing supporting documentation, and saving time.
- Gain a competitive edge. Advertise direct alignment of health IT functionality with NCQA requirements.
- Access industry resources. Enjoy an ongoing collaborative relationship with NCQA and learn frontline details about planned policy changes and enhancements to program requirements.
- Receive marketing support. NCQA lists prevalidated vendors on its website.
Organizations with a technology solution that meets or supports population health management criteria undergo a live, virtual review. NCQA determines if the solution earns prevalidation designations for the appropriate criteria. Learn more about the full process.
Vendors pay an annual maintenance fee to retain their prevalidation status, and are required to inform NCQA of:
- Changes in system functionality/versions.
- Changes in ownership.
- Changes in address or contact information for NCQA and in the vendor directory.
- Legal issues that arise.
To receive application materials for NCQA PHM Prevalidation consideration, purchase the Population Health Management Prevalidation Handbook or contact us through My NCQA.