NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Recognition is the most widely used PCMH evaluation program in the U.S. More than 13,000 NCQA-Recognized practices are looking for health information technology (health IT) vendors that align with the PCMH model of care.
Health IT systems that earn NCQA PCMH Prevalidation demonstrate product functionality support and/or meet NCQA PCMH standard requirements. Prevalidation attracts recognized practices and assures current/potential customers that health IT solutions support their goals. Prevalidation is also available for the NCQA PCSP program.
Gain a competitive edge
- Provide value-added client benefits. Practices using health IT solutions that meet NCQA requirements earn prevalidated credit, easing practices’ administrative burden for providing supporting documentation, and saving time.
- Gain a competitive edge. Advertise direct alignment of health IT functionality with NCQA PCMH and/or PCSP requirements.
- Access industry resources. Enjoy an ongoing collaborative relationship with NCQA and learn frontline details about planned policy changes and enhancements to PCMH recognition program requirements.
- Receive marketing support. NCQA lists prevalidated vendors on its website.
Organizations with a technology solution that fully or partially meets PCMH/PCSP criteria submit documentation to NCQA about the solution’s functionality. NCQA determines if the solution earns prevalidation status and which core and/or elective credits can be awarded. The vendor and the NCQA Prevalidation team perform a virtual review. Learn more about the full process.
Vendors pay an annual maintenance fee to retain their prevalidation status. Prevalidated vendors are required to inform NCQA of:
- Changes in system functionality/versions.
- Changes in organization ownership.
- Changes in address or contact information for NCQA and in the vendor directory.
- Legal issues that arise.
To receive application materials for NCQA Prevalidation consideration, contact us through My NCQA.