In general, any organization that operates a physician measurement program or hospital transparency program is eligible for certification. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Health plans.
- Provider networks.
- Collaborative measurement organizations.
- Information providers.
Organizations that meet these criteria are also eligible:
- Operate a physician measurement program or hospital transparency program, as defined in the standards.
- Are responsible for responding to complaints from consumers and to requests for change from physicians or hospitals based on the organization’s actions.
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including requirements for licensure.
- Operate without discrimination based on sex, race, creed or national origin.
Note: There are other eligibility criteria. Refer to the standards and guidelines document available in the NCQA eStore.