The 2020–2021 PCMH CCE Quality Award Winners!
March 7, 2021 · NCQA Communications
The PCMH CCE Quality Awards recognize outstanding Certified Content Experts who support practices through transformation and maintenance of Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition. Each year, NCQA asks Recognized practices and PCMH stakeholders to nominate CCEs who are working at the top of their field.
CCE Awards: The Winners
NCQA thanks everyone who nominated CCEs for the 2020–2021 Awards. We are pleased to announce the awardees: Bonni Brownlee has 25 years of experience in health program development, operations, quality management and performance improvement.
Bonni Brownlee, MHA, CPHQ, PCMH CCE
Clinical Practice Transformation Specialist & Principal Consultant | Brownlee Healthcare Quality Solutions
CCE since May 2013
“Bonni has 25 years of experience in health program development, operations, quality management and performance improvement. Bonni directs primary care transformation efforts in multiple states, providing expertise in practice redesign supporting PCMH Recognition. She is a trainer on clinic operations, change management and PCMH transformation, and serves as an NCQA evaluator for the PCMH Recognition program.”
Grace Scharf, MPA, MSHI, PCMH CCE
Assistant Director | NYC Health & Hospitals
CCE since May 2018
“Grace started her PCMH work with Charles B. Wang Community Health Center in 2010 in conjunction with the center’s PCMH transformation. She was instrumental in leading the health center to achieve Level 3 PCMH recognition under the 2008 and 2011 standards. During her time with NYC Health + Hospitals, she has supported 25 practices to sustain PCMH Recognition, and has successfully led 21 of these practices to continue sustainment under the NYS PCMH standards.”
Karen Taubert, PCMH CCE
Senior Consultant | Comagine Health
CCE since July 2013
“Karen has more than 38 years of progressive clinical and administrative leadership experience in acute, home health, nursing facility and safety net settings. To date, Karen has coached close to 200 practices to achieve and sustain NCQA PCMH recognition. She provides technical assistance activities related to the company’s medical home consulting engagements.”
CCE Awards: The Criteria CCE Awards: The Winners
Awardees met the following criteria:
- Significant contributions toward practice transformation resulting in achieving NCQA PCMH Recognition.
- In-depth knowledge, experience and performance with NCQA PCMH program standards, guidelines, documentation and the Recognition process.
- Being an organized, goal-oriented, team player, coach and advocate with a positive attitude.
Nominate Your CCE
Nominate your PCMH CCE for the 2021–2022 awards today! Nominees must hold an active NCQA certification. Deadline for nominations is August 1.
Nominations require the following information:
- Your organization and contact information.
- The CCE’s contact information.
- A brief description of your organization or practice’s characteristics (e.g., single or multi-site, private, hospital based, population served, location).
- Number of practices and/or submissions the CCE has supported.
- A brief description of the CCE’s accomplishments and contributions and why you are nominating them; for example, initiatives, projects or systems the CCE implemented that had a significant impact on your patients or organization.
Want to learn more? Watch the 2020-2021 CCE Quality Awards video.