CCE Quarterly: Practice Transformation & QI (OD)
Quarterly Webinar for CCEs: Practice Transformation and Quality Improvement—Why Include Patients?
Duration: 71 mins
NCQA supports directly involving patients and families in practice change and care improvement because it is at the core of patient-centered care.
This webinar will focus on the benefits of incorporating the experience and expertise of patients and families in practice change and continuous improvement. Several methods for obtaining patient feedback will be discussed but the emphasis will be on the opportunities and strategies for creating and sustaining a patient and family advisory council.
This activity is designed for PCMH Certified Content Experts as well as staff members at primary care and specialty care practices.
At the conclusion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the value of incorporating patients in the practice transformation and quality improvement efforts.
- Assess the value of patient/family feedback about care
- Explain the benefits to clinicians, staff and patients of strategically including patients in transformation and quality improvement efforts.
- Compare methods and tools for involving patients and ensuring provider and staff support
- Identify barriers to getting started and sustaining patient involvement
Johann Chanin, RN, MSN, PCMH CCE
Consultant, Patient-Centered Medical Home & Neighborhood
As a PCMH CCE, this webinar provides maintenance of certification credit (2 points). This is a non CME/CNE activity.
- On Demand
Policies and Discounts
Includes the printable registration form, substitutions, transfers/credits and cancellation policies as well as other education policies and discount information.Read Policies
Publications & Products
View all NCQA publications and products, including HEDIS manuals, Accreditation standards and NCQA newsletters.View All