HEDIS®1 Public Comment
NCQA is releasing for public comment proposed new measures, changes to existing measures and guidelines and strategies for addressing issues that apply across various HEDIS measures. Reviewers are asked to submit comments in writing via the NCQA public comment website by 11:59pm (ET), Tuesday, March 13.
Public Comment Overview Memo
Proposed New Measures
Proposed Changes to Existing Measures
Proposed Changes to Guidelines
Value Set Directory
All Public Comment Materials
Notification of Measure Changes for HEDIS 2019
About Public Comment
The public comment system is integrated with NCQA’s single-sign on platform. If you have access to any of the systems listed below, you can use the same credentials to login and submit comments:
- Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS).
- Health Organization Questionnaire (HOQ).
- Download Center.
- Recognition Program Online Application.
- Quality Compass (QC).
- Policy/Program Clarification Support (PCS).
- Participation in a prior NCQA public comment.
Note: Use Forgot Password if you are unsure of your password. This feature will change your password for all NCQA systems to which you have access.
If you don’t have access to any system listed, click Create an Account and complete the entire form. Retain the password for your records.
Submit all comments through NCQA’s Public Comment website http://publiccomments.ncqa.org. NCQA does not accept comments via mail, e-mail or fax.
To enter comments:
- Go to http://publiccomments.ncqa.org
- From the drop-down menu, click HEDIS Public Comment.
- Click Instructions to view public comment materials, including instructions, proposed specifications and measures.
- Click to select the Topic and Element (i.e., measure) on which you would like to comment.
- Click to select your support option (Support, Do not support, Support with modifications).
a. Note: If you chose Do not support, include the rationale in the text box. If you chose Support with modifications, enter the suggested modification in the text box.
- Enter your comments in the Comments box.
a. Note: There is a 2,500 character limit for each comment. We suggest you develop comments in Word, check the character limit, and save a copy back for reference. Use the “cut and paste” function to copy your comment into the Comments box.
- If you are submitting more than one comment use the Submit and Return button, when you have submitted all comments use the Submit and Logout button to receive an email notification with all submitted comments.
1 HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance
2 CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)