NCQA Clinician Recognition programs help employers and consultants find high-quality care for employees.
There are many recognition programs designed to help private-sector employers:
- Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP).
- Heart/Stroke Recognition Program (HSRP).
- Back Pain Recognition Program (BPRP).
- Physician Practice Connections (PPC).
Recognition programs show employers and workers where to find medical professionals and practice groups that:
- Deliver care that recommended by medical science for a population or illness—the “evidence-based standard of care.”
- Are organized in ways proven to improve quality over time.
NCQA works with medical specialty societies to design recognition programs that address common, costly conditions (diabetes , for example).
Each month, diverse organizations download electronic lists of NCQA-Recognized clinicians and practice sites. Insurers use the lists to target physicians for quality-based financial incentives. Medical specialty boards use the information to monitor requirements for board certification.
NCQA’s Government Recognition Initiative highlights outstanding care in the public sector, including military treatment facilities.
for more information about how NCQA Recognition programs can help your employees find good doctors.