What is Wellness and Health Promotion Accreditation/Certification?
NCQA Wellness and Health Promotion Accreditation/Certification evaluates full and limited scope wellness program performance against the standards. Programs should appropriately address implementing a workplace program, protecting private health information and empowering participants to improve their health.
How does Accreditation/Certification help my organization?
NCQA Wellness and Health Promotion Accreditation/Certification focuses on services most desired by employers and health plans as well as expected by consumers. It provides a framework for organizations to implement industry best practices and apply evidence-based methods proven to support health and improve outcomes.
The standards help health and wellness organizations identify gaps for improvement and align their services with those desired by potential contracting organizations.
What are the Accreditation/Certification requirements
The Accreditation/Certification assesses an organization’s performance in the following requirement areas:
- Workplace program implementation.
- Protection of private health information.
- Ability of services to empower participants to improve their health.
Where can I find the Standards and Guidelines?
The Standards and Guidelines document can be found in the NCQA Store.
What organizations are eligible Wellness and Health Promotion Accreditation/Certification?
Any organization that provides wellness and health promotion services can apply for accreditation/certification if it:
- Provides wellness services, either directly or through a service agreement, and
- Provides wellness services for at least three months before survey submission, and
- Has a process for monitoring, evaluating and improving the quality and safety of services provided to eligible participants.
What is the process for earning Accreditation/Certification?
The first step to earning accreditation/certification is a discussion with an NCQA program expert. Purchase and review the program resources, conduct a gap analysis and submit your online application.
Align your organization’s processes with the standards. NCQA conducts the survey and determines your accreditation status within 30 days of the final review.
See a step-by-step process.
What is the price for Wellness and Health Promotion Accreditation/Certification?
Pricing is based on multiple factors. Full pricing information can be obtained by submitting a request through My NCQA.
How long will it take to earn Accreditation/Certification?
The typical evaluation timeframe, from application submission to decision, is 12 months. This depends on the organization’s readiness, as some organizations may already be working within NCQA guidelines.
How do I get started?
If you are not currently Accredited or Certified and are interested in learning more, contact NCQA. If you are currently Certified and want to talk to someone about your current status, renewing or adding Certifications, submit a question through My NCQA.
Are there any other documents or information that will help me get started?
- Accreditation/Certification Process and Timeline: identifies key steps, timing and resources to successfully seek Certification.
- Standards and Guidelines: provides the comprehensive descriptions of the standards, including the intent and the scope of review.
- Interactive Survey Tool: includes the complete standards and guidelines and allows your organization to determine its readiness for a survey by responding to each standard. The tool calculates your survey score.
What other organizations have earned Wellness and Health Promotion Accreditation/Certification?
More than 40 organizations have earned Wellness and Health Promotion Accreditation/Certification.
A directory of organizations can be found at the NCQA Report Card.