What is the Health Plan Medicaid Module?
NCQA Health Plan Medicaid Module is a complementary program designed to support NCQA-Accredited health plans with a Medicaid product line. The combination of the module standards and NCQA Health Plan Accreditation maximize alignment with the Medicaid Managed Care program requirements. This improves a plan’s opportunity to receive a streamlined state compliance review.
NCQA developed the module by analyzing changes to state and federal requirements for the Medicaid Managed Care programs, as outlined in the Medicaid Managed Care Rule.
How does the Medicaid Module help my organization?
Meeting NCQA Medicaid Module standards can help organizations:
- Streamline compliance activities. Compliance activities are reduced when the state uses NCQA Health Plan Accreditation and Medicaid Module standards as part of the Medicaid quality review.
- Become more efficient. Reallocate key quality review resources to other Medicaid priorities.
Where can I find the Standards and Guidelines?
Find the Standards and Guidelines document in the NCQA Store.
What organizations are eligible?
An organization is eligible for the NCQA Health Plan Medicaid Module if:
- Its Medicaid product line has a current NCQA Accreditation status as a First or Renewal Survey, or
- It is seeking accreditation for its Medicaid product line under NCQA HP Accreditation as an Interim, First or Renewal Survey.
What is the process for meeting Module requirements?
The first step is a discussion with an NCQA program expert. Purchase and review the program resources, conduct a gap analysis and submit your online application.
Align your organization’s processes with the standards. NCQA conducts the survey and provides results within 30 days of the final review.
What is the price for the Medicaid Module Survey?
Pricing is based on multiple factors. Obtain full pricing information by submitting a request through My NCQA.
How long does it take to meet the Medicaid Module requirements?
The typical evaluation time frame is 12 months from application submission to decision, depending on an organization’s readiness. Some organizations may already be working within NCQA guidelines.
How do I get started?
If you are not currently accredited and want to learn more, contact NCQA. If you are currently accredited and want to talk to someone about your status or about renewing or adding accreditations, submit a question through My NCQA.
Where can I find information to help me get started?
- Accreditation Process and Timeline: Key steps, timing and resources for a successful accreditation.
- Standards and Guidelines: The complete standards and guidelines, including the intent and scope of review.
- Interactive Survey Tool: Contains the complete standards and guidelines; you can also determine your organization’s survey readiness—the tool calculates your potential survey score.