Summer School: 3 Recent Webinars Cover Quality Priorities
July 19, 2023 · Andy Reynolds
Slides and recordings of three NCQA webinars the past three weeks form a concise quality primer for professionals new to the field, and a handy update for quality veterans eager to keep current.
The Universal Foundation
On July 14, leaders from government and industry discussed Aligning Quality Measures Across CMS: What the Universal Foundation Means for You.
- Michelle Schreiber of CMS, one of the authors or architects of the Universal Foundation, headlined the event. She explained what the Universal Foundation is and why it matters.
- NCQA’s Dr. Eric Schneider related the Universal Foundation to NCQA’s work to modernize measurement.
- Danielle Llloyd of AHIP gave the industry perspective.
- Aneesh Chopra of CareJourney commented on technology and policy considerations quality advocates should keep in mind.
There was a lot to cover and time ran short. We’ll need to continue the conversation in other webinars.
Subscribe to our email newsletter so you’ll know our webinar schedule.
Digital Measurement Midyear News & Preview
On July 6, three NCQA executives leading our move to digital measurement updated the measurement community on what’s new and what’s coming in digital measurement.
- Chief Product Officer Dr. Brad Ryan updated the audience on important alignment between NCQA and CMS.
- Chief Technology Officer Ed Yurcisin elaborated on our announcement that making a CQL engine for calculating HEDIS results available as open source software democratizes digital measurement.
- Vice President of Interoperability Amol Vyas related the interoperability agenda to our embrace of industry standards and of FHIR.
Fireside Chat: Medicaid in the Pacific Northwest
On June 30, Dr. Christopher Chen, the Medicaid Medical Director in Washington State, sat down with NCQA President, Peggy O’Kane, for a Fireside Chat.
Dr. Chen and Peggy tackled huge topics: payment reform, primary care support, behavioral health, digital quality measurement—and even climate change.
It was a refreshing discussion between like-minded, dedicated advocates.
Watch a recording of the webinar.
Tell our Public Policy team if you’d like to be invited to future Fireside Chats featuring other government officials.
The Bottom Line
- Don’t let the vacations and holidays you associate with summer mislead you. Quality advocates have been getting a lot done and learning a lot this summer.
- Scroll to the Webinar Archives of our Future of HEDIS page for slides, transcripts and recordings of earlier webinars.
- In-depth instruction on many topics is available from the NCQA Education Department.