Coronavirus and NCQA
March 18, 2020 · NCQA Communications
Based on ongoing updates from the CDC and other authorities, we have enacted these policies for NCQA staff, contractors and events.
We are prepared to conduct all business activities virtually, if necessary. We will continue to deliver all systems, surveys, support services, contract and grant-related services. We are assessing large meetings, events and conferences with the goal of converting them to virtual events.
We will update policies as new information about COVID-19 becomes available. Check back on this page for updates.
- HEDIS Data Collection & Reporting (March-June)
- Organizations should continue to use medical record procurement processes that do not require travel, including virtual/online reviews and fax/mail.
- For commercial and Medicaid plans reporting to NCQA, for measures reported using the hybrid methodology only, we will allow plans to report their audited HEDIS 2019 hybrid rate if it is better than their HEDIS 2020 hybrid rate as a result of low chart retrieval.
- We understand guidance will come from CMS regarding Medicare health plans and commercial plans reporting for the Health Insurance Exchange Quality Ratings System.
- For details on this, see the full memo.
- For HEDIS FAQs related to COVID-19, click here.
- NCQA 30th Anniversary Gala (April 27)
- To be postponed until Fall 2020.
- Quality Talks (April 28)
- No longer an in-person event.
- Audience access and participation will be 100% online.
- Education Seminars (May)
- Introduction to Health Plan Accreditation (May 5-6): To be rescheduled and augmented with virtual programs. Details are here.
- Introduction to PCMH (May 5-6): To be rescheduled and augmented with virtual programs. Details are here.
- PCMH Annual Reporting–Continued Success (May 6): To be rescheduled as a webinar series in June. Details are here.
- Advanced PCMH: To be rescheduled and augmented with virtual programs. Details are here.
- Introduction to NCQA’s Credentialing Standards (May 26-27): To be rescheduled and augmented with virtual programs. Details are here.
- Advanced Credentialing (May 28): To be rescheduled and augmented with virtual programs. Details are here.
- Surveyors & Surveyor Update Training
- Reduce Accreditation-related travel by NCQA staff and external surveyors to the minimum necessary between now and May 31.
- Surveyors will receive information from their ASC about next steps.
- The May 18–19 Surveyor Update Training will not be an in-person event. We intend to combine on-demand video and live interactive webinars instead.
- Digital Quality Summit (July 22–24)
- No changes at this time.
We will continue to follow the COVID-19 situation and make decisions accordingly.
We will keep our staff, colleagues and partners informed as we learn more.