Our Consumer Advisory Council is an essential conduit to health care consumers and advocates. Members lend their insight and expertise to NCQA staff as we develop and evolve our quality programs.
The Consumer Advisory Council meets at least twice a year to:
- Provide ongoing input and advise on NCQA’s programs, products and services.
- Identify consumer concerns and issues appropriate for NCQA focus.
- Promote understanding of NCQA’s mission and programs among consumers and consumer advocates.
The Council is not a voting body for NCQA programs. However, its recommendations are vital to the development, maintenance, amendment or retirement of any of our evaluation program requirements.
Council members include representatives from the following consumer organizations:
- American Association on Health and Disability
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- American Heart Association
- California Pan-Ethnic Health Network
- Center on Budget & Policy Priorities
- International Products, Advisory and Systems
- National Health Law Program
- National Partnership for Women and Families
- Patient Advocate Foundation
If you have any questions about the Consumer Advisory Council, please email email@example.com.