Wellness and Health Promotions Requirements
NCQA Wellness and Health Promotions Accreditation/Certification evaluates wellness organizations that offer a full or limited range of wellness services. The flexible program lets organizations customize the review for the way they sell their products. Your organization must meet the eligibility criteria to pursue the accreditation/certification.
FOCUS AREAS TO ENSURE HIGH QUALITY
NCQA Wellness and Health Promotions Accreditation/Certification helps ensure organizations have a structure and processes to apply evidence-based methods proven to support health and improve outcomes. Requirements include these key areas:
- Workplace program implementation.
- Protection of private health information.
- Ability of services to empower participants to improve their health.
To see all program requirements, get the Standards & Guidelines document.
REQUIRED ORGANIZATION SERVICES
The Accreditation standards are designed for wellness organizations that provide a comprehensive program that offers a broad scope of services.
The Certification standards focus on organizations whose wellness programs are more limited in scope. Certification is available for the following products: health appraisal, self-management tools and health coaching.
IS MY ORGANIZATION ELIGIBLE?
Any organization that provides wellness and health promotion services can apply for accreditation/certification if it:
- Provides wellness services, either directly or through a service agreement, and
- Provides wellness services for at least three months before survey submission, and
- Has a process for monitoring, evaluating and improving the quality and safety of services provided to eligible participants.
NCQA offers a Distinction in Multicultural Health Care that identifies organizations—health plans, MCOs, MBHOs, wellness and population health organizations, and others—that lead the market in providing culturally and linguistically sensitive services, and working to reduce health care disparities.
Visit the Distinction in Multicultural Health Care section for more information.