What was the HEDIS® Learning Collaborative?
The overall goal of the learning collaborative was to help health plans report measures using a new reporting method and to:
- Identify how plans can use electronic clinical data sources to report plan-level results for HEDIS measures.
- Understand the availability of electronic clinical data to health plans.
- Refine HEDIS guidelines for measure reporting and auditing.
Learning Collaborative Participants
Plans collaborated with NCQA and each other to learn about approaches to aggregating electronic clinical data. Their findings helped NCQA develop reporting and audit guidelines to use in future ECDS HEDIS measures.
NCQA thanks the following organizations for their participation:
- AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia
- FirstCare Health Plans
- Geisinger Health Plans
- Kaiser Permanente Northern California
- MVP Health Care
- Presbyterian Health Plan
- PrimeWest Health
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- Triple S Advantage (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Puerto Rico)
- Virginia Premier Health Plan, Inc
NCQA hosted a virtual event to widely share the results of the HEDIS Learning Collaborative on February 23, 2017. During the event, panelists discussed the overall findings from the Learning Collaborative, including plans’ experiences in collecting ECDS data and reporting on the depression measures.
Click here to watch a recording of the event:
Click here to access FAQs about HEDIS measures specified for ECDS.
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).