NCQA Receives Excellence in Diversity Award
December 13, 2022 · Andy Reynolds
We’re proud to announce that NCQA has received the James W. Rouse Excellence in Diversity Award from the Chesapeake Human Resources Association (CHRA). This award honors employers in the Baltimore-Washington region that have demonstrated a commitment to promoting a diverse, inclusive and healthy workplace.
NCQA, the only organization to receive the 2022 award, was selected for cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment through innovative HR initiatives, including:
- Increasing diversity among new and promoted employees from 33% in 2021 to 48% in 2022.
- Leading diversity, equity and inclusion training for 370+ employees and managers.
- Addressing gaps in diversity among external committees and vendors.
- Conducting an annual engagement and diversity survey.
- Supporting emerging leaders and mentor programs.
- Ensuring transparency in our diversity initiatives.
NCQA’s workforce is unusual in several ways:
- 31% of us worked remotely at least one day a week before the pandemic. Now remote work is the norm for most of us, most days.
- 73% of employees would recommend NCQA as a great place to work.
- NCQA staff live and work in 29 states.
- 75% of employees are women.
We’re proud of the CHRA award because it’s a sign “our inside matches our outside.” Our health equity agenda means we’re working to make health and health care equitable, everywhere. So we’re encouraged that HR professionals noticed we practice internally what we preach externally.
“Equity is part of our lifeblood and central to the value we provide our customers and partners. We are committed to achieving equitable, high-quality health care for everyone, and we take pride in ensuring our employment practices reflect that commitment,” said NCQA Chief People & Diversity Officer Shawn Talley.
CHRA is a nonprofit human resources professional association that aims to provide best-in-class resources to empower the HR community in their efforts to drive business success. The James W. Rouse Excellence in Diversity Award is presented annually to local organizations that exemplify a culture and environment of diversity and inclusion.
Join the NCQA Team
Making equitable, high quality care a national priority would not be possible without our diverse, dedicated and energetic team. If that sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, consider joining us!
Visit our Careers page to view NCQA’s open positions.