Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
NCQA strives to be an employer of choice and drive diversity of representation at all levels while fostering an inclusive culture. NCQAs diversity efforts include external community engagement and NCQA’s products and services.
Beyond slogans and statements, NCQA supports this commitment with actual allocated resources creating heightened awareness and assigning responsibility:
Continuous Improvement: Assess & Audit
NCQA partners with external resources to assess our culture through employee surveying to identify gaps and discrepancies in employee experience. We also audit our personnel actions and compensation to ensure our employment practices reflect our commitment.
Based on our assessment, NCQA sets organizational and departmental goals with supporting action plans, based on the 3 pillars of our DEI Stategy
- Diversity of representation
- Equity of experience
- Culture of inclusion
Our external engagement
- Assembly of committees, panels, speaker rosters
- Expectations of vendors
- Supporting community through giving & volunteering
Our Products & Programs
- Build equity into all NCQA programs
- High quality care is equitable care
- There is no quality without equity
NCQA promotes organizational change by focusing on individual change. We employ external benchmarking and internal best practices. We have executed planned activities to drive these values including separate DEI learning tracks for individuals and managers.
Our ultimate goal is to integrate DEI in all that we do. Through transforming systems & practices such as:
- Eliminating bias in staffing: Sourcing from diverse pools, blind resumes and diverse interview panels
- Building Employee Resource Groups
- Preparing C-Suite with inclusive leadership skills
- Building vendor and supplier diversity programs
- Identifying and eliminating microagressions