Thank you for your interest in improving medication adherence. The resources provide practical tips to assist clinicians who want to improve how they talk to patients about their medicines.
- Patient Education Medication Initiative: An interactive deck designed for doctors, clinicians and practice managers. It explains all the reasons why a medication education quality improvement project may be helpful.
- How to Implement the Patient Medication Education Initiative: An interactive deck with recommendations and practical tips for how to set up a medication quality improvement program.
- Patient Medicine Education Guide (for patients): A template checklist of recommended topics for the provider to discuss with their patients. There is room for the provider to take notes for follow-up.
- Patient Medicine Education Guide (for clinicians): A template checklist of topics providers should discuss with patients during follow-up calls after the initial appointment and prescription. This is a patient-focused tool to foster communication about medications, what they are for, and how to take them properly.
- Discussion Guide for Patient Follow-Up Call: A sample discussion guide to assist practices and providers with topics that may arise during follow-up calls. It helps the practice assess whether a patient filled the new prescription and is following the regimen as directed by their clinician.
Resources developed with financial, scientific, and educational support from Merck.