Any organization that provides credentials verification services can apply for Certification if it:
- Verifies practitioner credentials for health plans, MBHOs, physician organizations or health care organizations, and
- Provides verification services for at least six months before application, and
- Performs verification activities for at least 50% of contracted practitioners, and
- Maintains the necessary credentials documentation, policies and procedures for NCQA to conduct the survey, and
- Obtains errors and omissions insurance for $1M–$2M.