Become an NCQA-certified Vendor
- Complete an application and pay the fee. The first step to becoming a certified vendor is completing an application, signing an evergreen certification agreement and paying the base license and certification fee. Request an application through My NCQA.
- Receive test decks. NCQA creates unique sets of sample data for each measure—“test decks”—from randomly generated, member-level test data. These test denominator, numerator, exclusion and risk adjustment logic. There are also test decks for the systematic sampling method and survey sample frame.
- Process test decks. Process test decks through your HEDIS® or AMP measure code and provide the results to NCQA.
- NCQA reviews results. We compare your measure results to expected results, to determine if the code in your software computes the measure correctly.
- Earn NCQA Measure Certification. If the code in your software computes the measure correctly, it passes certification. NCQA issues a final certification report and seal that you can distribute to health plans, potential clients and certified auditors to demonstrate your achievement.
About the Test Decks
- A practice sample deck and multiple test decks are available for each measure so you can correct errors.
- Measure test decks are not packaged together and are tested individually. This gives you the option of testing a subset of measures.
- Testing also includes the 2021 Quality Rating System (QRS) measure set, which comprises clinical measures from HEDIS and three Pharmacy Quality Alliance (PQA) measures (Proportion of Days Covered, International Normalized Ratio Monitoring for Individuals on Warfarin, and Annual Monitoring for Persons on Long-Term Opioid Therapy).
Questions? Contact us through My NCQA.