RESOURCES FOR HEALTH PLANS
NCQA’s Health Plan Ratings 2022 include commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid health plans. The overall rating is the weighted average of a plan’s HEDIS® and CAHPS® measure ratings, plus bonus points for plans with a current Accreditation status as of June 30, 2022.
The 2022 ratings were released electronically on September 15, 2022—Consumers used this valuable information when they chose health plans during open enrollment.
- 2022 Health Plan Ratings in Excel Format (Internal Use Only).
- 2022 Health Plan Ratings Scoresheets: 2022 final ratings and scoresheets for plans (for internal quality improvement efforts only).
- 2022 Methodology: How we calculated the ratings (last updated July 29, 2022).
- 2022 Measure List: A list of required Performance Measures (last updated July 28, 2022). View details for years of data used.
- Advertising and Publicity Guidelines: Rules for promoting results.
- Frequently Asked Questions about HPR vs. CMS Star Ratings.
- Medicare Advantage CAHPS Guidance.
- Scoresheet Instructional Video.
- Previous Health Plan Ratings.
Plan Confirmation—Early May
- (Action Required) Confirmation of HEDIS/CAHPS submissions and other information used (e.g., organization name, states, Accreditation status) to calculate ratings. Plans have 10 business days to confirm.
HEDIS and CAHPS Submission—June 15
- This submission deadline is defined in the HEDIS Volume 2 Technical Specifications.
Projected Ratings—Early August
- (Action Required) Confirmation of Accreditation status and overall rating, or 1 of 3 reasons a rating cannot be calculated:
- Partial Data Reported: The plan submitted HEDIS data but did not submit CAHPS data (or vice versa); or the plan earned an NCQA Accreditation status that does not require submission of HEDIS data.
- No Data Reported: The plan did not submit data or opted not to report data publicly.
- Low Enrollment: The plan did not submit data or opted not to report data publicly, and its enrollment is fewer than 15,000 members.
- Plans have 10 business days to confirm their information.
Final Ratings—Late August/Early September
- A private release of final ratings to all plans.
NCQA Releases Ratings—On or around September 15
- Final ratings posted at www.ncqa.org
- Embargo on plan rating-related promotions ends at 6pm ET; plans may begin advertising their ratings at this point.
Questions? Contact NCQA’s Health Plan Ratings Help Desk at my.ncqa.org