With funding from AHRQ/CMS under the Pediatric Quality Measures Program, NCINQ will use national HEDIS® measures to conduct a quality improvement collaborative to encourage judicious use of antipsychotic medications and better depression management in youth.
NCINQ will use data from national HEDIS reporting to work with plans and states to conduct special studies for making improvements in pediatric behavioral health care. Two quality improvement collaboratives will focus on the following HEDIS measures:
Safe & Judicious Use of Antipsychotic Medications for Children
- Use of Multiple Concurrent Antipsychotic Medications in Children and Adolescents
- Use of First-Line Care for Children And Adolescents on Antipsychotic Medications
- Metabolic Monitoring for Children and Adolescents on Antipsychotic Medications
Click here for more information on the Antipsychotic Medication Management measures.
Depression Management for Adolescents
- Depression Screening and Follow-up for Adolescents and Adults
- Utilization of the PHQ-9 to Monitor Depression Symptoms for Adolescents and Adults Depression Remission or Response for Adolescents and Adults
Click here for more information on the Depression Care measures.
Want More Information?
Please contact Cindy Manaoat at NCQA (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-869-3618).
Summer 2017 – December 2018: Antipsychotic medication management collaborative.
Summer 2018: Depression management collaborative.
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).