What is changing?
NCQA is bringing the complete measure specifications to the HEDIS community sooner by changing three dates in the publication timeline:
HEDIS Schedule Change
|Current Timeline (HEDIS MY 2020)||Transition Year (HEDIS MY 2021)||Future Timeline (HEDIS MY 2022)|
|Volumes 1 & 2 Publication Date||July 1, 2020||July 1, 2020 (Combined with HEDIS MY 2020)||August 1, 2021|
|Vol. 2 Technical Update Publication Date||October 1, 2020||March 31, 2021||March 31, 2022|
|HEDIS Vendor Certification Deadline||February 15, 2021||October 1, 2021||July 1, 2022|
What is NOT changing?
- HEDIS 2020 publications in calendar year 2019
- Publication Dates for HEDIS Volumes 3, 5, 6
- HEDIS Vendor Certification dates for Survey Sample Frames
- Data Submission dates
- Date First-Year Public Reporting is released
- Quality Compass product release dates
HEDIS Publication Naming Convention Change
A new naming convention will reduce confusion among the HEDIS community in relation to the HEDIS Measurement Year and Reporting Year.
- Going forward, NCQA will change the naming convention of all HEDIS Publications to refer to the measurement year for HEDIS measures.
- HEDIS Measurement Year ####, to be shortened to HEDIS MY #### (where “####” is the four-digit year).
- All HEDIS volumes will adhere to this naming convention.
- The transition will coincide with the HEDIS Timeline transition process starting in HEDIS 2020 and completing in 2021.