We Need Your Comments on Updates to Health Plan Accreditation for 2018
March 6, 2017 · NCQA Communications
We can’t do it without you! We need your comments on updates to Health Plan Accreditation for 2018.
Each year, NCQA opens a public comment period for accreditation products updates. The public comment period helps NCQA create better products by inviting customers and stakeholders to provide feedback.
Updates to HPA 2018 that focus on three key topic areas:
- NEW Population Health Management (PHM) standards category
- Changes related to CMS’s Medicaid Managed Care Final Rule
- Survey process changes to element UM 4H: Appropriate Classification of Denials
Details of Proposed HPA 2018 Changes:
- Population Health Management (PHM) – The NCQA Advantage: Population health management sets the stage for comprehensive health care that meets the needs of all individuals along their care journey. The PHM category helps health plans create a PHM strategy and assure other stakeholders, such as employers and consumers, that they consider and coordinate all aspects of care.
Medicaid Managed Care Rule Updates – The NCQA Advantage: By aligning the current set of standards with MMC, NCQA intends to reduce burden to Medicaid plans so they can use resources where they are most needed: on beneficiaries.
- UM 4H Updates – The NCQA Advantage: Acting on feedback received about this element, NCQA wants to work with stakeholders to improve the requirement. Transparency and direct response assures health plans and stakeholders that NCQA listens and strives to improve.
How to Participate in Public Comment
For more details on the proposed changes and to make your comments, please go online: www.ncqa.org/publiccomment
The Public Comment period begins at 8 a.m. ET on March 6 and ends at 5 p.m. ET on April 4. Updated products will be released in July.