Completing the Redesigned PCMH Recognition
December 6, 2017 · NCQA Communications
You spoke, we listened, and in April NCQA launched a redesigned PCMH Recognition program. The biggest change is the move from a 3-year recognition cycle to Annual Reporting. This ensures a practice continues to function as a PCMH and performs ongoing quality improvement initiatives from year to year.
NCQA PCMH Level 3 practices with recognition up for renewal, are eligible for Annual Reporting.
We are happy to announce the first NCQA recognized patient-centered medical homes to complete their transition to Annual Reporting.
Congratulations go to:
- Chota Community Health Services- Madisonville
- Chota Community Health Services-Tellico Plains
- Chota Community Health Services- Vonore
- The Daily Planet Health Services, Inc.
- TriHealth Physician Partners- Queen City Physicians- Hyde Park Internal Medicine
- Wood River Health Services, Inc.
NCQA’s redesigned recognition program offers:
- Flexibility. Practices take the path to recognition that suits their strengths, schedule and goals.
- Personalized service. Practices have more interaction with NCQA, and are assigned an NCQA representative who works with them throughout the recognition process as a consistent point of contact.
- User-friendly approach. Requirements remain meaningful, but with simplified reporting and less paperwork.
- Continuous improvement. Annual Reporting helps practices strengthen as medical homes. By reviewing your progress more often, you keep performance improvement at the top of your priorities list.
- Alignment with changes in health care. The program aligns with current public and private initiatives and can adapt to future changes.