The NCQA Innovation Awards recognize accredited health plans and recognized practices for implementing leading-edge strategies that improve both quality and value. They also recognize organizations that support delivery system redesign and patient engagement initiatives (including digital engagement strategies) that help drive better integration across the delivery system and support person-centered care.
Awards will be announced and presented at the 2020 Health Care Quality Congress/PCMH Congress (Dallas, Texas, September 23–26). Each winning organization will present its project (15 minutes) to the audience.
NCQA will provide a complimentary Congress registration for one representative of the winning organization and will cover airfare and two nights at the event hotel.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: June 1, 11:59 PMApply now
SUGGESTED TOPICS FOR CONSIDERATION
This list is not exhaustive; these suggestions are based on previous submissions.
1. Integration of Care:
- Serving high-need, high cost populations
- Closing the vulnerability gap
- Supporting unique populations (rural, remote)
2. Patient and Family Engagement:
- Payer/provider/patient collaboration
- Partnership arrangements
- Payer/employer engagement for a healthier workforce
3. Delivery System Design:
- Flexible arrangements for cost management strategies
- Payer/provider relationships with aligned quality goals
4. Use of Technology
- Data and digital solutions
- Health information exchange/flow of data to support QI
- Support tools for patient care
5. Customer Experience
- Leveraging customer experience data
- Improving the digital experience
NCQA will use the following criteria to choose awardees:
- Innovation and creativity
- Impact on intended audience
- Solution is distinctive from existing approaches
- Quantitative data showing results/impact
- Potential for cost impact
- Potential for quality impact
- Added value for payer/provider/patients
Our panel consisting of representatives from NCQA executives, Board of Directors, Review Oversight Committee, Health Care Quality Congress steering committee will review each entry form and score the entries based on completion, project scope and outcome, impact on quality improvement, patient outcomes, sustainability & scalability, and innovation.Apply now Download an application worksheet to see submission requirements.
Join us for an informational call on Friday, February 28, 1:00 pm ET to ask questions and chat with our team. Sign up here.
Contact us at InnovationAwards@ncqa.org.