The NCQA Innovation Awards will recognize organizations for implementing leading-edge strategies that improve both quality and value. They will also recognize organizations that support delivery system redesign and patient engagement initiatives (including digital engagement strategies) that help drive better integration across the delivery system and support person-centered care.
THE NCQA INNOVATION AWARDS
Congratulations to the 2021 Awardees!
- Integration of Care to Address Social Determinants of Health – Alliance Medical Ministry
- It Takes All of Us: A Community/Member/Provider Approach to Achieving Health Equity – Centene Corporation
- “Know More: HPV”—Improving Vaccination Uptake and Closing Health
Disparities With A Digital Patient Intervention – CenCal Health
Which categories or topics are suggested for applicants?
- Behavioral Health
- COVID-19 Solutions
- Delivery System Design
- Health Equity
- Integration of Care
- Patient & Family Engagement
- Use of Technology
What criteria is evaluated for the Awards?
NCQA uses the following criteria to score submissions and choose awardees:
- Innovation and creativity
- Impact on intended audience
- Solution is distinctive from existing approaches
- Quantitative data showing results/impact
- Potential for cost impact
- Potential for quality impact
- Added value for payer/provider/patients
Which organizations are eligible?
Organizations that hold any NCQA Accreditation, Recognition, Certification or other Distinction are eligible for the Innovation Awards. Also, initiatives lead by organizations or vendors that partnered with an eligible organization (above) may also be eligible.
What does the selection process entail?
Our panel includes representatives from NCQA executives, Board of Directors, Review Oversight Committee, and the Healthcare Quality Congress Steering Committee. They will review each entry form and score the entries based on completion, project scope and outcome, impact on quality improvement, patient outcomes, sustainability & scalability, and innovation.
How may I submit an initiative and when are submissions due?
Initiatives must be submitted through NCQA webform no later than 11:59 pm EST on August 1, 2022.
May I submit multiple initiatives?
Yes. The same organization may submit multiple initiatives, only when each initiative is unique.
Learn more about the 2019 winners and other submissions
Informational Session Recording
- Description of initiative within Compendium available for download via NCQA Website (all eligible submissions).
- Recording of presentation for NCQA distribution.
- NCQA blog or podcast regarding initiative.
- Press Release guidance for corporate communications.
- Engraved Award.
Contact us at InnovationAwards@ncqa.org.