The NCQA Innovation Awards will recognize organizations for implementing leading-edge strategies that improve both quality and value. They will also recognize organizations that support delivery system redesign and patient engagement initiatives (including digital engagement strategies) that help drive better integration across the delivery system and support person-centered care.
THE NCQA INNOVATION AWARDS 2021
What criteria is evaluated for the Awards?
NCQA uses the following criteria to score submissions and choose awardees:
- Innovation and creativity
- Impact on intended audience
- Solution is distinctive from existing approaches
- Quantitative data showing results/impact
- Potential for cost impact
- Potential for quality impact
- Added value for payer/provider/patients
What does the selection process entail?
Our panel includes representatives from NCQA executives, Board of Directors, Review Oversight Committee, and the Healthcare Quality Congress Steering Committee. They will review each entry form and score the entries based on completion, project scope and outcome, impact on quality improvement, patient outcomes, sustainability & scalability, and innovation.
How may I submit an initiative and when are submissions due?
Initiatives must be submitted through NCQA webform no later than 11:59 pm EST on August 2, 2021 – the new, extended deadline.
May I submit multiple initiatives?
Yes. The same organization may submit multiple initiatives, only when each initiative is unique.
Learn more about the 2019 winners and other submissions
Informational Session Recording
- Description of initiative within Compendium available for download via NCQA Website (all eligible submissions).
- Recording of presentation for NCQA distribution.
- NCQA blog or podcast regarding initiative.
- Press Release guidance for corporate communications.
- Engraved Award.
Contact us at InnovationAwards@ncqa.org.