Proposed Criteria Updates to PCMH/PCSP 2022 Recognition
Proposed changes to PCMH v.8 and PCSP v.5 standards and guidelines complement NCQA’s new program, Health Equity Accreditation (standards published September 2021), and align with NCQA’s broader work on health equity.
Requirements for PCMH v.8 and PCSP v.5 will be released July 2022 and take effect for surveys on or after January 1, 2023.
NCQA encourages all commenters to provide thoughts and insights on proposed updates and on targeted questions. NCQA appreciates all feedback and uses comments to produce better standards to meet stakeholders’ needs.
Overview of Proposed Updates to 2022 Recognition Programs: PCMH v.8, PCSP v.5 provides background for proposed changes and topic-specific questions.
Appendix 1: Proposed Criteria Updates to PCMH and PCSP Recognitions includes the proposed changes to standards and the rationale.
About Public Comment
The public comment system is integrated with NCQA’s single-sign-on platform. If you have access to any system listed here, you can use the same credentials to log in and submit comments:
- Quality Performance Assessment Support System (Q-PASS).
- Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS).
- Health Organization Questionnaire (HOQ).
- Download Center.
- Recognition Program Online Application.
- Quality Compass (QC).My NCQA.
Note: If you use Forgot Password, this feature will change the password for all NCQA systems to which you have access. If you do not have access to any system listed, click Create an Account and complete the entire form. Retain the password for your records.
Submit all comments through the My NCQA portal. NCQA does not accept comments via mail, email or fax.
To enter comments:
- Go to http://my.ncqa.org and enter your email address and password.
- Once logged in, scroll down and click Public Comments.
- Click Add Comment to open the comment box.
- Select one of the following from the drop-down box:
- Proposed Criteria Updates for PCMH 2022
- Proposed Criteria Updates for PCSP 2022
- Click to select the Topic and Element (question) on which you would like to comment.
- Click to select your support option (Support, Do not support, Support with modifications).
- If you choose Do not support, include your rationale in the text box.
- If you choose Support with modifications, enter the suggested modification in the text box.
- Enter your comments in the Comments box.
Note: There is a 2,500-character limit for each comment. We suggest developing comments in Word to check your character limit; use the “cut and paste” function to copy into the Comments box.
- Use the Submit button to submit more than one comment. Use the Close button to finish leaving comments; you can view all submitted comments in the Public Comments module.
All comments must be entered by January 10, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET