Recognition Redesign: Information for Practices Currently Recognized Under PCMH 2014 Standards
Our practice has a current NCQA Recognition. What happens when the redesigned program is launched? Practices that achieved Level 3 recognition under PCMH 2014 standards, having already demonstrated significant prior transformation, move directly to the annual reporting process when current recognition expires. Practices that achieved Level 1 or Level 2 recognition under PCMH 2014 standards credit toward Recognition – streamlining the evaluation under PCMH 2017.
We encourage practices to transition to the new model, but practices may renew their current recognition under PCMH 2014 instead of moving to the new model. The deadline for this is September 30, 2017. Other important dates:
|Last day to purchase PCMH 2014 survey licenses
|Last day to submit PCMH 2014 Corporate Survey
|Last day to request PCMH 2014 Add-On Surveys
|Last day to submit PCMH 2014 Corporate Add-On Tools
|Last day to submit all PCMH 2014 Site Surveys
|First annual report day for PCMH 2014 Level 3 on PCMH 2017 standards, no sooner than…
||April 1, 2017, or recognition end date
What about practices with PCMH 2014 Level 1 or Level 2 recognition?
There are three options:
- Add-On Survey: Submit an Add-On Survey to earn PCMH 2014 Level 3 recognition before your current recognition expires and move to the new annual reporting process when the recognition period expires.
- “Transform” through the re-designed program: Enroll in the new annual reporting process under PCMH 2017, beginning April 1, 2017. Previously earned PCMH 2014 credit will be applied to aspects of PCMH 2017.
Note: Because transformation can take several months, practices must commit six months prior to the recognition expiration date.
- Renewal: Renew PCMH 2014 recognition for the established three-year period and move to the new program at the end of that period. You will need to achieve Level 3 to move to the annual reporting process when your recognition expires.
Note: The survey tool must be purchased by March 31, 2017, and the completed site survey must be submitted by September 30, 2017 (corporate survey tools must be submitted by May 31, 2017).
What about practices with PCMH 2014 Level 3 recognition?
There are two options:
- Move to the re-designed program: Because these practices have demonstrated significant prior transformation, they move directly to Succeed, with annual check-ins.
- Renewal: Renew PCMH 2014 recognition for the established three-year period and move to the annual reporting process when it expires.
Note: The survey tool must be purchased by March 31, 2017, and the completed survey must be submitted by September 30, 2017(corporate survey tools must be submitted by May 31, 2017).
We have more questions; how can we get answers?
NCQA staff are available to help you. Submit questions in the My NCQA portal; enter “Sustaining PCMH Recognition” in the subject line.
NCQA also hosts a monthly live Q&A session: Preparing for Redesign: Renewing and Converting to PCMH 2014. See the NCQA Web site for an updated calendar of these and other sessions about NCQA Recognition programs.