HEDIS Learning Collaborative
NCQA hosted a virtual event to widely share the results of the HEDIS Learning Collaborative on February 23, 2017. During the event, panelists discussed the overall findings from the Learning Collaborative, including plans' experiences in collecting ECDS data and reporting on the depression measures.
Use the following link watch a recording of the event:
What is the HEDIS Learning Collaborative?
NCQA convened a learning collaborative in 2016 to help develop an innovative method to report HEDIS measures using data from electronic clinical data systems (ECDS). Electronic clinical data will open the door to new measurement opportunities and reduce the need for medical record review. We piloted this new method with a set of measures for depression care.
The overall goal of the learning collaborative was to assist health plans in reporting measures using the new reporting method. The objectives of the HEDIS Learning Collaborative were the following:
- Provide support for health plans reporting measures using electronic clinical data sources
- Identify how health plans can use electronic clinical data sources to report plan-level results for HEDIS measures
- Understand the availability of electronic clinical data to health plans
- Refine HEDIS guidelines for measure reporting and auditing
Learning Collaborative Participants
This unique opportunity allowed plans to collaborate with NCQA and other health plans to learn about approaches to aggregating electronic clinical data. Findings from the learning collaborative will help NCQA develop reporting and audit guidelines that may be used for future ECDS HEDIS measures.
During this partnership, NCQA collaborated with a diverse group of health plans. These plans have different types of care delivery systems and were able to leverage a variety of ECDS data, including EHR, registry and case management data. NCQA thanks the following organizations for their participation in the learning collaborative:
- AmeriHealth Caritas District of Columbia
- FirstCare Health Plans
- Geisinger Health Plans
- Kaiser Permanente Northern California
- MVP Health Care
- Presbyterian Health Plan
- PrimeWest Health
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- Triple S Advantage (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Puerto Rico)
- Virginia Premier Health Plan, Inc.
Get More Information on the HEDIS Depression Measures specified for Electronic Clinical Data Systems.
Follow this link to access NCQA's FAQ page for answers to frequently asked questions about reporting using data from electronic clinical data systems.