IDSS Import Template and Materials
We are pleased to share with you this year's IDSS Import Template for use with the Interactive Data Submission System, IDSS. For the xml and xsd files below, if you do not wish to view (or save) these files from your browser window, then right-click "save target as" to save the file to your machine.
IDSS Import Template
- Intro to the IDSS Import XML - a general overview of the import format
- Commercial Import Template - xml import template for commercial submissions. (updated 12/28/17)
- Medicaid Import Template - xml import template for medicaid submissions. (updated 4/22/18)
- Medicare Import Template - xml import template for medicare submissions. (updated 1/17/18)
- Marketplace Import Template - xml import template for marketplace submissions (updated 12/28/17)
- Generic Import Template - all product lines combined (commercial, Medicaid, Medicare and Marketplace) with no audit elements. (updated 12/28/17)
- Import Template Schema (xsd) - the (xsd) schema file for the IDSS import templates
- ECDS XML Schema – the (xml) schema file for the ECDS measures import templates. (updated 2/1/18)
- ECDS Import Template - xml import template for ECDS submissions. (updated 1/12/18)
IDSS Data Dictionaries
CSV files containing all measure IDs and descriptions; data element names and descriptions; and data type.
- Commercial (updated 4/13/18)
- Medicaid (updated 4/13/18)
- Medicare (updated 4/13/18)
- Marketplace (updated 3/19/18)
Relative Resource Use
Due to the suspension of Relative Resource Use (RRU) HEDIS Measures, Health plans should not report RRU measures for 2018.
Submit questions at https://my.ncqa.org
RRU Suspension Memo
The Medicaid Import template file has been updated to reflect the FPC removal. If you have pulled the previous version, that file can still be used and it will not affect anything when uploaded to the system. IDSS will skip that measure in the file.
Updated Third tier validation file description for 85+ Total Inpatient ALOS.
- The Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid data dictionaries MM data elements have been changed from calculated to User since these fields are updated by the user in the XML even though they cannot be updated on the measure screen in IDSS.
- For the PCR and PCRb measures in IDSS and supporting files we have removed the text (Expected Readmission/Den)and an FAQ has been released.
- For the Medicare Data Dictionary the HPC Total ACSC (M, F and Total) Data Element Description text has been updated and removed the age bands 75-84 listed. There have been no changes to the Data Elements.
- Second-Tier validation File Update we removed the W34 validation for Number of oversample records should be less than or equal to Reported Rate.
- ECDS Schema was validating ASF as having 4 stratifications and the file has been updated to 3 stratifications. No changes are were needed to the sample file.
ECDS XML Schema and Template Updates:
- Changed the Eligible Population reference to Initial Population to align with HEDIS Vol2 specifications.
- For ASF age stratification, removed 18-25 and 26-44 and replaced it with 18-44 in all areas.
- Medicare- Updated First-tier, Second-Tier, Data Dictionary and Import Template For the two indicators Notification of Inpatient Admission and Receipt of Discharge Information since these indicators are hybrid only and do not include any admin components we have removed those Admin components from UI reporting.
- Medicare- Updated IDSS UI Measure page for UOD and UOP Rate is calculated per 1000 members and we have removed the % sign.
- UOD and UOP – Updated IDSS UI Measure page for LCI/UCI use the same calculation as for other Admin rates, but also display after multiplying by 1000.