NCQA Public Sector Briefing: HEDIS 2020 Proposed Changes
March 6, 2019 · Amy Maciejowski
NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness and Data Information Set (HEDIS®) is one of health care’s most widely used performance improvement tools. 190 million people are enrolled in plans that report HEDIS results.
Approximately 42 states require audited HEDIS reporting.
NCQA strives to keep HEDIS measures relevant to health care and therefore evaluates each measure yearly. This year, NCQA is proposing measure retirements, new measures, revisions to
existing measures and changes that apply across various HEDIS measures. Changes that apply to the next HEDIS volume (HEDIS 2020) will be published in July 2019 and reported in June 2020, based on activity that occurred during 2019 (and, where applicable, in prior years).
NCQA hosted a webinar to explain the proposed updates and changes to HEDIS for 2020.
You can view the webinar here:
Want to Learn More? Ready to Comment? Here’s How
1. Go to https://my.ncqa.org/.
2. Under My Services, click to select Public Comment.
3. Click Add Comment.
4. Click to select HEDIS 2020 Public Comment from the drop-down menu.
5. Click the Instructions to view public comment materials, including instructions, proposed
specifications and measures.
6. Click to select the Topic and Element (measure) on which you want to comment.
7. Click to select your support option (e.g., Support, Do not support, Support with modifications).
Note: If you chose Do not support, include the reason in the text box. If you chose Support with
modifications, enter the suggested modifications in the text box.
8. Enter your comments in the Comments box. Note: Comments may not be more than 2,500 characters. Feedback should be brief and to the point.
We suggest you develop comments in Word to check your character limit and save a copy for
reference. Use the “cut and paste” function to copy your comment into the Comments box.
9. Click Submit after each comment. After you have submitted all comments, click Close. You will be able to view and download all submitted comments.
All comments are due Monday, March 11, by 11:59 PM ET.
Email email@example.com or comment below!