In Pursuit of Equity: See It at the Summit (or Stream Part of It for Free)
October 12, 2023 · Andy Reynolds
“In Pursuit of Equity” is one of six topics we’ll focus on at our Health Innovation Summit 2023.
We think health equity is so important, we’re livestreaming two powerful keynote sessions about health equity at no charge. Quality advocates who can’t join us in Orlando can still learn how controversial policies in Florida and other states might affect minority communities.
Driving Equity: Strategy, Successes and Challenges
Not everyone has a fair shot at good health. That’s a big problem.
Health care organizations haven’t cracked the code on how to root out inequity. That’s why health equity is a focus of this year’s Health Innovation Summit October 23-25 in Orlando.
Almost 1 in 4 Summit sessions emphasize health equity.
What You’ll Learn
Attendees will hear from innovators working to improve health equity and examining:
- Data stratification.
- Patient engagement.
- Social determinants of health.
- Leveraging HEDIS to improve health equity.
Session Topics Include…
- No Quality Without Equity.
- Health Equity Innovators: Deep Dive on Disparities.
- Raising the Bar for Maternal Health Equity and Excellence.
- Health Equity Rapid Fire Panel: Innovation’s Role in Advancing Health Equity.
- Beyond Inclusion: Measurement for Transgender and Gender-Diverse Populations.
Our idea, as always, is to help you measure what matters, drive clinical decisions and improve quality.
The sessions you can watch remotely for free bookend the conference on Tuesday, October 24:
- CMS’s Strategic Framework: Advancing Equity, Expanding Access, Engaging Partners, Driving Innovation and More
9:00–9:30 am ET
- No Quality Without Equity
4:00–4:45 pm ET
We hope colleagues not joining us in person will seize the chance to participate virtually and stay connected with the discussions on these vital topics.
Who Should Attend?
Quality champions from a range of organizations will benefit from sessions in this track, including leaders of:
- Health plans.
- Clinical care teams.
- Practices and health centers.
- Hospitals and health systems.
Most sessions are geared to intermediate learners. Advanced learners and beginners will also find sessions that can help them do their jobs.
More than 20 faculty—researchers, analytics experts, health policy advocates, nonprofit executives and others—will present in this track.
Notable examples include:
- Sensi Hernández-Cancio, Vice President for Health Justice at the National Partnership for Women & Families, is a health equity policy expert.
- Peter Robertson, Senior Director for Practice Transformation at Purchaser Business Group on Health, leads the California Quality Collaborative’s technical assistance programming and advocates for using virtual tools to manage chronic disease.
- Tala Mansi, Director of Health Equity Capability Building for the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, works with health and humanitarian groups to strengthen health systems and advance health equity.
- NFN Scout, PhD, Executive Director at the National LGBT Cancer Network, is Principal Investigator of the LGBTQ Tobacco-Related Cancer Disparity Network, and of Out: The National Cancer Survey.
Who Should Attend?
Quality champions from a range of organizations—health plans, clinical care teams, practices and health centers, hospitals and health systems—will benefit from these sessions.
Most sessions are geared to intermediate learners, but advanced learners and beginners will find sessions that can help them do their jobs.
Join Us in Person or Online!
Expect a first-rate educational lineup at the Health Innovation Summit. Join us October 23–25 at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center for:
- More than 50 sessions across 6 tracks, filled with best practices, strategies and resources to improve health care quality.
- General sessions featuring individual keynote presentations, interview-style “fireside chats” with audience Q&A and moderated discussion plenary panels.
- Panel discussions supported by sponsoring organizations on specific therapeutic areas like diabetes.
- 15-minute presentations/demonstrations of products, services and initiatives.
Register now to join us in Orlando.