Health Innovation Summit 2022: Wow, What a Week!
November 15, 2022 · Andy Reynolds
Of the many great things to say about NCQA’s Health Innovation Summit in Washington, DC, October 31 to November 3, the most notable may be:
Our first multi-day, in-person conference since before the pandemic was NCQA’s largest quality conference in our 32-year history.
We are proud to have welcomed and featured:
- 1,300 quality professionals—enough that the DC Fire Marshal wouldn’t let us admit anyone else!
- 170 top speakers from industry, academia and government.
- 90 separate sessions focused on improving health care.
Central to our success was the range of themes that the Summit spanned:
- Innovative Care Delivery: How are new modalities, devices, apps and care settings changing how people get care?
- Health Care Equity: How can we make health care more fair, and how can we bring better choices and better health to everyone?
- Data & Digital Quality: How do we make the most of data available to us—while still protecting privacy?
- Breakthrough Innovation: What or where is the “moonshot” that could change everything?
- Resilience & Recovery: How do we reinvigorate and restore the health care workforce after all it has been through the past few years?
- NCQA Programs & Research: What’s new and what’s next from NCQA?
Help If You Missed It
Didn’t reach the Summit? You can still glean highlights and learn from our speakers.
- Tell us if you you’d like to see videos of our keynote speakers. Our headliners are listed at the top of this agenda page, if you want to know whose talks you’ll see. We’ll alert you when their videos are ready to stream.
- Eight “View from the Summit” episodes of our Inside Health Care podcast were recorded and broadcast on-site. Listen to sample what the Summit speakers covered in their talks.
- Many social media users posted their impressions and photos from the Summit on LinkedIn and Twitter using the hashtag #HealthInnovationSummit.
- Future blog posts will summarize what some speakers said. Start with what NCQA founder and president Peggy O’Kane reminded the crowd.
We learned a lot at this inaugural event—and not just that pent-up demand for in-person conferences is huge.
Next fall’s Health Innovation Summit in Orlando promises to be even better.
Join us for more opportunities to connect, learn and advance health care quality.
Register for the 2023 NCQA Health Innovation Summit at the early access rate of $1,500, through November 30, 2022.
We thank our many sponsors and the 1,300 attendees who made our inaugural Health Innovation Summit a success. We look forward to even bigger event a year from now in Orlando!