The population is aging and more states are requiring integrated, person-centered, managed long-term services and supports (LTSS). It is becoming increasingly important for organizations to demonstrate their ability to effectively coordinate services between caregivers, individuals, LTSS providers and clinicians. Organizations that coordinate LTSS should implement best practices for person-centered care planning and effective care transitions, and for measuring quality improvement to support people living optimally in their preferred setting.
NCQA’s LTSS Distinction for Health Plans helps support health plans that coordinate LTSS. The standards can help your organization meet the state needs.
HOW DOES MY ORGANIZATION BENEFIT?
Earning NCQA LTSS Distinction can help your organization:
- Become more efficient. A focus on coordinated care, training and measurement can help organizations reduce errors and duplicated services.
- Integrate care better. Standards can help organizations improve communication between individuals, caregivers, providers, payers and other organizations that coordinate care.
- Provide person-centered care. Standards focus on person-centered services, which can lead to better care planning and monitoring.
- Support contracting needs. Standards align with the needs of states and MCOs. NCQA-Accredited organizations demonstrate that they’re ready to be trusted partners in coordinating LTSS services.
What organizations are eligible?
An organization is eligible for the NCQA LTSS Distinction for a product/product line if:
- The product/product line has a current NCQA Accreditation status, or
- The product/product line is seeking NCQA Health Plan Accreditation.
Note: NCQA conducts LTSS Distinction Surveys at the legal-entity level. Organizations undergoing Interim Survey are not eligible for LTSS distinction.
Health plans that coordinate LTSS and do not provide medical or behavioral services are not eligible for this distinction but can earn Accreditation of Case Management for LTSS.
Learn more today. Fill out the form to the right to receive more information about this program or to speak to an NCQA program expert.