Credentialing is more than a “check-the-box” regulatory duty, it’s an essential safety component of the health care system. Health care organizations must establish the qualifications of their licensed medical professionals by assessing their background and legitimacy to provide care. NCQA Credentialing Accreditation helps improve credentialing and protects consumers by ensuring a consistent, effective and diligent credentialing process.
A QUALITY IMPROVEMENT FRAMEWORK
NCQA Credentialing Accreditation focuses on consumer protection and customer service improvement. It provides a framework for organizations to implement industry best practices that help them accurately and efficiently credential and recredential health care professionals.
The standards help credentialing agencies identify gaps for improvement and align services with those desired by potential contracting organizations.
HOW DOES MY ORGANIZATION BENEFIT?
The Credentialing Accreditation standards, provide a framework for implementing industry best practices to help organizations:
- Deliver efficient, accurate credentialing and recredentialing.
- Align with state requirements.
- Enhance business operations.
- Expand revenue streams and secure new contracts.
- NCQA is the largest accreditor of health plans.
- Demonstrate their programs’ quality to employers, regulatory agencies, health plans and MBHOs.
Learn more today. Fill out the form to the right to receive more information about this program or to speak to an NCQA program expert.