Data Must Be Accurate
Government and private payers increasingly pay clinicians based on the quality of care they provide. Payers require clinicians to submit data on electronic Clinical Quality Measures (eCQM)—data that measures quality of care provided, based on information from electronic health record (EHR) systems. To help improve care and ensure accurate payment, quality measures reported to payers must be accurate and error-free.
The NCQA eMeasure Certification program evaluates how well electronic systems calculate eCQMs. Organizations that rely on data from systems certified through NCQA’s eMeasure Certification program can be confident that the systems have undergone the industry’s most rigorous assessment of whether they provide accurate data, which helps lead to reporting that is more accurate than with systems not certified by NCQA.
Benefits of Working with an NCQA-Certified Vendor
- Reduces the burden on the health plan while improving data.
- Ensures data integrity for value-based purchasing.
- Supports the use of eCQMs.
|CATEGORY||WITHOUT NCQA eMEASURE CERTIFICATION||WITH NCQA eMEASURE CERTIFICATION|
|Supplemental data for HEDIS® reporting||• Multiple sources of nonstandard data; resources needed on both sides. |
• Each source requires mapping, resource intensive audit.
|• Streamlined; switch from nonstandard to standard. |
• Remove primary source audit burden and risk.
|Chart chases||• Hybrid measures require chart review. |
• Disruptive, costly.
|• Decrease/remove cost of chart chases. |
• Significant cost savings for saved charts.
|Reliability||• Financial and resource burden ($75–$100/ chart). |
• Providers’ clinical data in different formats.
• Resource-intensive mapping, data cleansing for HEDIS and value-based purchasing.
|• Consistent data files streamline the mapping process. |
• Increased confidence in data for HEDIS and value-based purchasing.
Find a Certified Vendor
NCQA maintains a directory of vendors that have earned eMeasure Certification. Find a vendor to work with today.