Many patient-centered medical homes (PCMH) use the CAHPS® Survey for PCMH to measure patient experience. NCQA CAHPS Survey for PCMH Vendor Certification evaluates and certifies vendors that collect survey data on behalf of PCMH primary care practices. Certification ensures that survey vendors collect data in accordance with specifications and protocols in the 2017 HEDIS® Specifications for the CG CAHPS 3.0 survey.
- Learn and align with best practices for PCMH CAHPS survey data collection.
- Distinguish themselves in the marketplace as a vendor that has been trained and certified by NCQA.
- Become a preferred vendor of choice for PCMH practices that want to earn NCQA Distinction in Patient Experience Reporting.
To become an NCQA-Certified survey vendor, an organization must demonstrate that it has the capabilities, experience and expert personnel to collect and report survey results accurately. New vendors seeking certification may submit a response to the request for proposals (RFP) released each January. NCQA reviews RFPs and awards certification to vendors that meet requirements.
To receive a current RFP via email when it becomes available, send your contact information to CAHPS-PCMH@ncqa.org.
After earning certification, you:
- Attend Annual Training: NCQA requires all survey vendors to participate in annual survey vendor training to maintain certification.
- Work with PCMHs: NCQA-Recognized PCMHs can earn Distinction in Patient Experience Reporting by using an NCQA-Certified CAHPS PCMH Survey Vendor. Certified vendors submit data on their behalf (in April or September) so they can earn this distinction.