- NCQA HEDIS Data Submission Kick-off letter is sent to Primary and Secondary contacts.
- NCQA releases the 2021 Online Healthcare Organization Questionnaire (HOQ) in mid-December for health plans to request and update submissions.
- NCQA posts the XML templates, validation files and data dictionaries for Interactive Data Submission System© (IDSS) to the data submission webpage.
- IDSSv2 Redesigned platform is available for users to review updates from IDSS pilot and MY2020 changes before the official IDSS release in March.
- Auditor completes the CAHPS survey sample frame validation in the HOQ by January 29, 2021.
- Health plans finalize commercial, Exchange, Medicaid and Medicare HOQ requests to obtain access to the IDSS and submission IDs for HEDIS®1 and CAHPS®2 on Monday, February 8 by 8:00 pm ET
- NCQA releases the 2021 Interactive Data Submission System (IDSS) for data loading and validation.
- Submission IDs for survey measures are distributed to NCQA certified survey vendors.
- NCQA Conditions for Public Reporting letter is sent to Primary and Secondary HEDIS contacts. This letter includes the rules used for displaying data in our public reporting programs (Health Plan Ratings).
- NCQA certified survey vendors begin submission of commercial and Medicaid CAHPS 0H member-level data files to NCQA.
- Health Plan Ratings—Plan Confirmation process begins for commercial, Medicaid and Medicare. Plans verify the information that will determine how their organization is displayed in the ratings (e.g., states, Accreditation statuses and Market Names).
- Commercial and Medicaid CAHPS survey results are available for download in IDSS.
- IDSS Plan-lock must be applied for all commercial, Exchange, Medicaid, and Medicare audited submissions on
Tuesday, June 1 by 11:59 pm ET to ensure auditors have enough time to validate health plan results.
- CMS requires a Patient-Level-Detail (PLD) file validation for Medicare submissions. Organizations must submit the patient-level-detail file to CMS’ vendor by Tuesday, June 15 by 11:59 pm ET.
- Health Plans submit FINAL commercial, Exchange, Medicaid, and Medicare HEDIS (non-survey data) results via the IDSS on Tuesday, June 15 by 11:59 pm ET.
- All commercial, Exchange, Medicaid, and Medicare Attestations must be submitted to NCQA on Tuesday, June 15 by 11:59 pm ET via electronic signature.
- Last day for IDSS Resubmission requests for data and Attestation: June 30.
- NCQA releases the 2021 Quality Compass® commercial edition.
- Projected Health Plan Ratings for commercial, Medicaid and Medicare are released. Plans are required to confirm their rating and accreditation information (if applicable).
- Final Health Plan Ratings are posted on NCQA’s Website.
- NCQA releases the 2021 Quality Compass® Medicare and Medicaid editions, respectively3.
1 HEDIS® and Quality Compass® are registered trademarks of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
2 CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
3 Quality Compass release dates are general time frames and are subject to change.